Emotionally scarred years after her husband died in a fiery Special Operations helicopter crash, Air Force widow Emily Ann Meade clings to her vow never to get involved with another man committed to a dangerous profession … until she meets F-16 pilot, Colonel Ted Foley in Hawaii. Although they are mutually attracted, the charismatic widower’s fighter wing in Japan recently lost two pilots in unexplained air crashes.
This story has achieved Amazon’s ranking as the #1 Top Rated War Fiction, #1 Top Rated Contemporary Romance, and #1 Top Rated Romance.
MEET THE AUTHORS
Your names, please?
Bonnie Bartel Latino & Bob Vale (Co-authors)
And the title of your book?
“Your Gift to Me”
What is the genre of your book?
Military Super Romance and Inspirational/Healing Fiction
How many Amazon UK 5-Star reviews do you currently have for this book?
I doubt we have any–one of the reasons I wanted to ‘do’ your site!
And how many Amazon USA 5-Star reviews does this book have?
189 five star reviews
Is your book part of a series?
What is the synopsis of your book, in one sentence?
After Emily Ann Meade’s husband is killed in a fiery Gulf War helicopter crash, she vows never to get involved with another man committed to a dangerous profession . . . until she moves to Hawaii and meets charismatic F-16 pilot, Colonel Ted Foley, who is assigned to a flying wing that recently lost two pilots in unexplained crashes.
Why do you think your book is so popular?
As did TOP GUN and STEEL MAGNOLIAS, YOUR GIFT TO ME shares the same subtle, but central, theme of the transformative powers of love and laughter to triumph over grief. Those who don’t need the message–yet–will find a sweet love story and a military mystery that appeals to men and women who require substance and entertainment in their leisure reading.
When you’re not writing, how do you spend your time?
My first loves are my husband and our Bichon Frise, Sweetie Pie — a name only appropriate when the little dog is fast asleep…unfortunately that is when she is most likely to have a Grand Mal Epileptic seizure. I’m also passionate about the written word, reading, and travel. For a dozen years, I lived in Germany, Greece, and Great Britain, but I also am drawn to Hawaii, the primary setting of YOUR GIFT TO ME and where I lived for three years.Numerous times a year in my small town in SW Alabama, I promote local history in period (early 1900s) costume for the Chamber of Commerce in skits and monologues for students and other out of town/state visitors.
If you were to describe yourself as a vegetable, what would it be?
An artichoke . . . perhaps an acquired taste, but always unique!
- Chickens, Mules and Two Old Fools Silly old fools move to crazy, tiny mountain village and end up owning the most dangerous cockerel in Spain. With recipes.
- More Ketchup than Salsa A young couple swap a career in fish entrails on Bolton market for life as British bar owners abroad.
- Your Gift to Me TOP GUN meets STEEL MAGNOLIAS in an award-winning military love story that touches hearts and is filled with unexpected twists . . .
- Twelve Months A man discovers that he has 12 months to live, and decides to make every single moment count.
- Murder takes time Nicky Fusco thought he knew right from wrong, living by an oath of friendship & honor with his three best friends. But life took them down separate paths, and the oath was broken.
- Stealing Jenny After three heartbreaking miscarriages, Tom and Jenny Callahan are happily anticipating the birth of their sixth child. Their neighbor, however, is secretly hatching a sinister plot.
ALL THESE TITLES HAVE MORE THAN 100 FIVE-STAR REVIEWS!