It’s barbecue time! Use any combination of your favourite vegetables. Try aubergine, courgette (zucchini) and cherry tomatoes.
Brochetas de Verduras
Mouth-Watering Spanish Recipes
1 medium red pepper
1 medium green pepper
1 medium onion
8 to 10 mushrooms
Fresh or dried thyme
1) Wash and de-seed the peppers then cut into bite-size slices. Wash and trim the mushrooms and cut in half. Peel the onion and cut into large chunks.
2) Make up the kebabs, alternating the vegetables as you go.
3) In a large shallow dish, big enough for the kebabs to fit, pour in two cups of olive oil and add a generous amount of thyme.
4) Add the kebabs and allow to marinade in the oil for an hour or so, turning them occasionally.
5) Cook on the barbecue (or grill) for around 10 minutes, turning regularly until they are cooked through.