Lisa Kaamp, a most unlikely heroine, faces just such a nightmare in This Time You Lose, the suspense driven story of one woman’s struggle to survive when she and the children she cares for become victims of a home invasion gone terribly wrong.
Lisa Kaamp operates a small childcare business out of her home in Nogeksum, Michigan. Highly respected and known for going the extra mile for her daycare kids, she thinks she’s handled every daycare emergency possible. But nothing prepares her for the horror she now faces.
Lisa finds herself bound and gagged, four strange men in her home, and the daycare children held hostage in the next room. Terrorized by her captors as the authorities work to meet the ransom deadline, she tries negotiating with the men for the release of the children, but soon realizes they have no intention of letting anyone go.
With the deadline approaching, Lisa must do the unimaginable to protect the children and get everyone out alive.
MEET THE AUTHOR
Your name, please?
And the title of your book?
This Time You Lose
What is the genre of your book?
How many Amazon UK 5-Star reviews do you currently have for this book?
And how many Amazon USA 5-Star reviews does this book have?
90+ Overall I have collected over 300 reviews from various review sites worldwide. All reviews can be viewed on my website. http://www.thistimeyoulose.com
Is your book part of a series?
It wasn’t intended to be….but so many have asked about a sequel that I have begun working on one.
What is the synopsis of your book, in one sentence?
This Time You Lose is the terrifying story of one woman’s struggle to survive when she and the children she cares for become victims of a home invasion gone terribly wrong.
Why do you think your book is so popular?
This Time You Lose really seems to strike a chord with people. I feel it’s because the characters are just everyday people, people the reader can really identify with, who get caught up in a crime that could happen to any one of us. It’s also a very real and intense read; so much so that I’ve had people ask me if it is a true story. (While the story is fictional, the idea for the story was based on actual crimes.)
When you’re not writing, how do you spend your time?
My life is pretty low key. I work full time, raise a family, and write when I can. I love pizza and diet coke, swimming and bicycling in the summer and watching hockey games in the winter. I live in Michigan with my family and a menagerie of cats.
If you were to describe yourself as a vegetable, what would it be?
If I were to describe myself as a vegetable I guess it would have to be Romanesco. A little intimidating on the outside, but mild and sweet on the inside. 🙂
- Chickens, Mules and Two Old Fools Silly old fools move to crazy, tiny mountain village and end up owning the most dangerous cockerel in Spain. With recipes.
- More Ketchup than Salsa A young couple swap a career in fish entrails on Bolton market for life as British bar owners abroad.
- Your Gift to Me TOP GUN meets STEEL MAGNOLIAS in an award-winning military love story that touches hearts and is filled with unexpected twists . . .
- Twelve Months A man discovers that he has 12 months to live, and decides to make every single moment count.
- Murder takes time Nicky Fusco thought he knew right from wrong, living by an oath of friendship & honor with his three best friends. But life took them down separate paths, and the oath was broken.
- Stealing Jenny After three heartbreaking miscarriages, Tom and Jenny Callahan are happily anticipating the birth of their sixth child. Their neighbor, however, is secretly hatching a sinister plot.THESE TITLES HAVE MORE THAN 100 5-STAR REVIEWS!
|Authors! If your book has 25 (or more) 5-Star Amazon reviews, we’d love to feature you!||To receive a fortnightly list of all the latest 5-Star titles featured on the website, subscribe here