This Spanish garlic prawns idea is paired with mushrooms or “setas” (wild mushrooms). Any mushrooms will do but a selection for this dish adds a woodland twist with a flavour of the ocean! Fantastic tapas, this dish can be made in less than 10 minutes and is best served in true Spanish style – with bread, olive oil and all on one plate with forks at the ready.
SPANISH GARLIC PRAWNS WITH MUSHROOMS
You will need:
400g mixed mushrooms (or button mushrooms)
3 garlic cloves, sliced
Juice of half a lemon
12 large prawns
Cracked black pepper
- Heat a generous drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan.
- Clean and chop the mushrooms into inch sized pieces/half button mushrooms.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and fry for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and de-vein the prawns.
- Add the garlic to the mushrooms, then the prawns and a squeeze of lemon juice with a seasoning of salt and pepper.
- Continue to fry for a further 5 minutes
- Serve and garnish with the parsley and good drizzle of oil.
Find more Spanish recipes at Orce Serrano Hams.