Many of these Spanish recipes were given to me by the village ladies, and also Gayle Macdonald from Orceserranohams.com.
Thank you to Nadia Sawalha for the Arabic recipes.
- Sticky Toffee Pudding a la GlennysWhen I asked if anybody had any photos of recipes they have cooked from the Old Fools series to be added to the new recipe book coming soon, I wasn’t prepared for a response like that of Susan [Read more…]
- Fast Minestrone“Minestrone soup from your book, Two Old Fools Down Under! Along with tapas, lovely on a rainy British day!” Linda Powdrill [Read more…]
- Traditional Garlic MushroomsHave you ever wondered which of the Spanish recipes in the Old Fools books gets most mentions and positive feedback? Well, it’s this one! Six steps to heaven… [Read more…]
- Easy Strawberry MiceHard to believe it, but it’s true. My granddaughter Indy will be 4 years old on Monday. Her mum organised a cat theme birthday party, and all the food and activities had something to do with [Read more…]
- Chickpeas and PaprikaSpanish chickpeas are great for making a simple side dish, tapas dip or ingredient in a salad. Here’s a delicious recipe using chickpeas with paprika. [Read more…]
- Chili Rubbed SteakIf you enjoy a ‘kick’ of chili, (or chilli) then this chili rubbed steak recipe is for you! It offers a great flavour and takes on hints of smoky paprika. This simple recipe for Spanish steak served [Read more…]
- Mushroom Tostada with Fino SherryMushroom Tostada with Fino Sherry 60 – 70 minutes preparation and cooking Tostadas are extremely popular in Spain and this dish is ideal served as a tapa or breakfast. [Read more…]
- Chilli ChutneyThis chilli chutney is a great way of savouring the warm summer flavours, long after the heat of the sun has gone and winter draws in. Seasonal eating is a way of life here and towards the end of [Read more…]
- Lemon SorbetSorbete de Limon or Spanish style lemon sorbet is such an easy dessert to do. A most welcome refreshment in the heat of summer or a classy after dinner treat whenever. With an abundant supply of [Read more…]
- Tuna with Spicy SalsaA perfect barbecue dish for summer evenings. [Read more…]