Joanie and Roz, widowed, septuagenarian sisters, moved to Pelican Key, twenty miles north of Key West, Florida to live together for support and companionship. From the beginning, Roz made the observation that living there made every day seem like Saturday, except Sunday.
Little did the sisters know that they were soon to get involved with a cross dresser, a kleptomaniac, amorous affairs, lots of cats and a situation that puts them in peril.
All of this adds up to a book filled with escapades and events that will tickle your funny bone, but most importantly, will prove you don’t retire to die, but to live.
MEET THE AUTHOR
Your name, please?
JB Bonds (Brenda Rowell and Jane Bonds)
And the title of your book?
What is the genre of your book?
Fiction/Southern Humor/light mystery
How many Amazon UK 5-Star reviews do you currently have for this book?
And how many Amazon USA 5-Star reviews does this book have?
Is your book part of a series?
Yes, we are working on the 2nd book now.
What is the synopsis of your book, in one sentence?
Two senior sisters living together in a retirement community near Key West, Florida and finding the quirky residents are full of laughter and mystery.
Why do you think your book is so popular?
A lot of the people seem to relate to the topic, especially the “boomers” and can see themselves in this situation. They find the two sisters endearing and full of life.
When you’re not writing, how do you spend your time?
We both enjoy reading, traveling, listening to music, visiting family, and spending time with friends. Brenda enjoys playing bridge and Mahjongg. Jane enjoys cooking up new recipes and is active with her husband and his work.
If you were to describe yourself as a vegetable, what would it be?
Brenda would be an eggplant and Jane would be a tomato.
- Chickens, Mules and Two Old Fools Silly old fools move to crazy, tiny mountain village and end up owning the most dangerous cockerel in Spain. With recipes.
- More Ketchup than Salsa A young couple swap a career in fish entrails on Bolton market for life as British bar owners abroad.
- Your Gift to Me TOP GUN meets STEEL MAGNOLIAS in an award-winning military love story that touches hearts and is filled with unexpected twists . . .
- Twelve Months A man discovers that he has 12 months to live, and decides to make every single moment count.
- Murder takes time Nicky Fusco thought he knew right from wrong, living by an oath of friendship & honor with his three best friends. But life took them down separate paths, and the oath was broken.
- Stealing Jenny After three heartbreaking miscarriages, Tom and Jenny Callahan are happily anticipating the birth of their sixth child. Their neighbor, however, is secretly hatching a sinister plot.THESE TITLES HAVE MORE THAN 100 5-STAR REVIEWS!