Will opposites attract or attack? Set in a total-immersion language school in the South of France, OPPOSITES ATTACK is a lyrical tale of clashing cultures and the heartwarming changes that can grow out of a mismatched pair in the battle of the sexes. Comical fish-out-of-water moments collide with quick tempers, seducers and plenty of foodilicious fun. Also, painful confidences.
How close will the seemingly superficial American woman and the famous, cultured French writer become? How will they change each other?
MEET THE AUTHOR
Your name, please?
And the title of your book?
OPPOSITES ATTACK: A Novel Inspired by True Events
What is the genre of your book?
How many Amazon UK 5-Star reviews do you currently have for this book?
And how many Amazon USA 5-Star reviews does this book have?
Is your book part of a series?
What is the synopsis of your book, in one sentence?
Alyce flew 4,000 miles to learn French, sophistication and win back her boyfriend. Enter the très different, exasperating Jean-Luc. Will opposites attract or attack?
Why do you think your book is so popular?
The reader reviews say it better than I can, but here’s one from someone in Hungary that I would give 5 stars:
“This novel teaches you that you are able to adapt to situations which you never believed you would, how you can have the best of any disappointing situations, how a long journey can change and transform you if you let it do so. France vs. USA, flavours vs. money, life vs. dreams. Amazing!”
Many others expressed they couldn’t-put-it-down and now want to jump on a plane to France, learn a new language, travel more, take cooking classes. It’s a book that goes beyond the read itself. It galvanizes and makes you think, which is what I hope all of my books do. I would hate to waste someone’s time. It’s too precious a commodity.
When you’re not writing, how do you spend your time?
Trying out recipes from the book! Perhaps there’s a cookbook in the making. I had a wild boar feast for over 20 people. It’s now a four-part blog. Start here: http://jomaeder.com/2013/07/wild-boar-daube-feast-part-one/
If you were to describe yourself as a vegetable, what would it be?
These days, I’m over the moon for lavender. I even cook with it. Is that close enough?
- Chickens, Mules and Two Old Fools Silly old fools move to crazy, tiny mountain village and end up owning the most dangerous cockerel in Spain. With recipes.
- More Ketchup than Salsa A young couple swap a career in fish entrails on Bolton market for life as British bar owners abroad.
- Your Gift to Me TOP GUN meets STEEL MAGNOLIAS in an award-winning military love story that touches hearts and is filled with unexpected twists . . .
- Twelve Months A man discovers that he has 12 months to live, and decides to make every single moment count.
- Murder takes time Nicky Fusco thought he knew right from wrong, living by an oath of friendship & honor with his three best friends. But life took them down separate paths, and the oath was broken.
- Stealing Jenny After three heartbreaking miscarriages, Tom and Jenny Callahan are happily anticipating the birth of their sixth child. Their neighbor, however, is secretly hatching a sinister plot.THESE TITLES HAVE MORE THAN 100 5-STAR REVIEWS!
|Authors! If your book has 25 (or more) 5-Star Amazon reviews, we’d love to feature you!||To receive a fortnightly list of all the latest 5-Star titles featured on the website, subscribe here