“It was while holding aloft a not altogether pleasant-smelling mackerel that the decision was made. The March rain hammered on the rotting tin roof high above the market stall, where I had spent the last six months pushing out dubious trays of marine life at three for a fiver. After a two-week holiday in Tenerife Joy and I vowed that a life in fish giblets was not going to be our destiny and a life in the sun, was.
A complete lack of catering experience, zero business acumen and the sum of our vastly wealth barely reaching waist level of a ceramic pig did little to deter our enthusiasm for buying a bar. “Where do we sign?” we replied. And then the whole silly, sunny saga began…” Joe Cawley
“Brilliant book… very funny…”
“If you buy one book this year, get this…”
“Fantastic, hilarious, painful. Completely un-put-downable. Probably the best book I have read this millenium!”
“A great easy to read story which sucks you in and keeps you wanting more.”
MEET THE AUTHOR
Your name, please?
And the title of your book?
More Ketchup than Salsa
What is the genre of your book?
How many 5 star reviews do you currently have for this book on Amazon UK?
99… doh, so close! – Update: The wait is over. Finally reached that 100th 5-star review. Phew! (123, April 19, 2013)
Is your book part of a series?
Yes, though the sequel has yet to be released… or finished even.
What is the synopsis of your book, in one sentence?
A young couple swap a career in fish entrails on Bolton market for life as British bar owners abroad.
Why do you think your book is so popular?
Probably the observational humour and the fact that everybody can relate to the characters found in a typical tourist resort. I also like to think it brings a little ray of tropical sunshine into a bleak winter’s day in the UK. Or a bleak summer’s day, for that matter.
When you’re not writing, how do you spend your time?
Wrangling chickens, rescuing guinea pigs and slaying dragons for my two kids.
If you were to describe yourself as a vegetable, what would it be?
A pea pod… the best bits are hidden within.~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Chickens, Mules and Two Old Fools Silly old fools move to crazy, tiny mountain village and end up owning the most dangerous cockerel in Spain. With recipes.
- More Ketchup than Salsa A young couple swap a career in fish entrails on Bolton market for life as British bar owners abroad.
- Your Gift to Me TOP GUN meets STEEL MAGNOLIAS in an award-winning military love story that touches hearts and is filled with unexpected twists . . .
- Twelve Months A man discovers that he has 12 months to live, and decides to make every single moment count.
- Murder takes time Nicky Fusco thought he knew right from wrong, living by an oath of friendship & honor with his three best friends. But life took them down separate paths, and the oath was broken.
- Stealing Jenny After three heartbreaking miscarriages, Tom and Jenny Callahan are happily anticipating the birth of their sixth child. Their neighbor, however, is secretly hatching a sinister plot.THESE TITLES HAVE MORE THAN 100 5-STAR REVIEWS!
|Authors! If your book has 25 (or more) 5-Star Amazon reviews, we’d love to feature you!||To receive a fortnightly list of all the latest 5-Star titles featured on the website, subscribe here