A fantastic recipe for leftover lamb. Cold lamb is delicious in sandwiches and also in salads, and this lamb salad recipe uses almost everything from a roast leg of lamb cooked the evening before. Cold lamb, salad, olive oil and hot potato cakes . . . economy gastronomy!
Leftover lamb salad with hot potato cakes
You will need:
Leftover swede or turnip
1 onion, diced
Cracked black pepper
1 Garlic clove, diced
Squeeze lemon juice
Leftover roast lamb
Fresh salad, peppers, tomatoes, etc
- Combine the swede, potatoes and diced onion in a large cazuela and mix well along with the seasoning.
- Add the garlic, and a splash of milk, continue to mix then shape into patties or “potato cakes”.
- Fry each cake until golden brown on each side then set aside onto a plate.
- Cut the lamb into thin strips and arrange over the potato cake then add the mixed salad.
- Drizzle generously with extra virgin olive oil.
Find more delicious Spanish recipes at Orce Serrano Hams.