With no workforce, power plants are unmanned so there’s no means of communication; police and fire departments have collapsed so no one is safe; looters are scavenging everything from big-screen TVs to canned peas.
When Dr. Taeya Sanchez finds herself unceremoniously dismissed from an emergency medical facility in New York, she decides to steal the hospital’s armored van for a midnight escape.
Unfortunately, Rick DeAngelo, a driver for the hospital, has already stocked the van for his own getaway.
Thrown into an unfriendly alliance, these two must pick their way across the dangerous wasteland of America in search of a safe haven. And as the miles roll by, they discover that the living should be feared much more than the festering corpses out there.
MEET THE AUTHOR
Your name, please?
M. R. Cornelius
And the title of your book?
What is the genre of your book?
How many Amazon UK 5-Star reviews do you currently have for this book?
And how many Amazon USA 5-Star reviews does this book have?
Is your book part of a series?
What is the synopsis of your book, in one sentence?
Survivors of a massive flu pandemic search for a safe haven from marauders and thieves.
Why do you think your book is so popular?
People are fascinated with end-of-the-world scenarios, whether it’s from zombies, aliens, or a microscopic virus. H10N1 is a fast-paced adventure with plenty of action, and a touch romance, that will have you wondering what you would do if the world came to an end.
When you’re not writing, how do you spend your time?
Lately, I’ve become totally addicted to a TV show called Fringe. It’s on Netflix now, so every afternoon, when my brain is fried from writing, I cuddle up in bed with my cat and watch an episode.
If you were to describe yourself as a vegetable, what would it be?
I think this month I would be an eggplant. I put two plants in my garden this spring – a regular big purple variety, and a Japanese variety – and now I’m running out of ways to cook them. This morning, I swear my skin had a purple tinge to it.
- Chickens, Mules and Two Old Fools Silly old fools move to crazy, tiny mountain village and end up owning the most dangerous cockerel in Spain. With recipes.
- More Ketchup than Salsa A young couple swap a career in fish entrails on Bolton market for life as British bar owners abroad.
- Your Gift to Me TOP GUN meets STEEL MAGNOLIAS in an award-winning military love story that touches hearts and is filled with unexpected twists . . .
- Twelve Months A man discovers that he has 12 months to live, and decides to make every single moment count.
- Murder takes time Nicky Fusco thought he knew right from wrong, living by an oath of friendship & honor with his three best friends. But life took them down separate paths, and the oath was broken.
- Stealing Jenny After three heartbreaking miscarriages, Tom and Jenny Callahan are happily anticipating the birth of their sixth child. Their neighbor, however, is secretly hatching a sinister plot.THESE TITLES HAVE MORE THAN 100 5-STAR REVIEWS!
|Authors! If your book has 25 (or more) 5-Star Amazon reviews, we’d love to feature you!||To receive a fortnightly list of all the latest 5-Star titles featured on the website, subscribe here