Spanish chickpeas are great for making a simple side dish, tapas dip or ingredient in a salad. Here’s a delicious recipe using chickpeas with paprika.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 10 minutes
Serves 4 as a side dish
500g jar or 1.1 lb Spanish chickpeas
2 vine-ripened tomatoes
1 green pepper (capsicum)
1 tsp smoked paprika
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt to taste
1. Drain the chickpeas fully and place into a terracotta cazuela or pan.
2. Dice the pepper and tomatoes and add to the chickpeas along with a drizzle of olive oil.
3. Sprinkle over the smoked paprika and mix well.
4. Heat, stirring continuously for 10 minutes.
5. Season with salt to taste and serve either hot or cold.
More Spanish recipes and Spanish artefacts from my friend Gayle at Orce Serrano Hams.