When Joe and Vicky relocate to a tiny mountain village in Andalucia, they have no idea of the culture shock in store.
No idea they’ll become reluctant chicken farmers and own the most dangerous cockerel in Spain. No idea they’ll help capture a vulture or be rescued by a mule.
Will they stay, or return to the relative sanity of England?
The Telegraph–“a colourful glimpse of Andalucían life. And a psychopathic chicken or two…charming…funny”
**New York Times Bestselling Author**
MEET THE AUTHOR
Your name, please?
Victoria Twead. Or Veeky. Or Beaky. Or Mees. Or something unprintable.
And the title of your book?
Chickens, Mules and Two Old Fools
What is the genre of your book?
How many Amazon UK 5-Star reviews do you currently have for this book?
170 Thank you, kind readers!
And how many Amazon US 5-Star reviews do you currently have?
159 *happy dance*
Is your book part of a series?
Oh, yes… ‘Chickens’ was the first, followed by another therein the Old Fools series. Sorry, I’m addicted.
What is the synopsis of your book, in one sentence?
Silly old fools move to crazy, tiny mountain village and end up owning the most dangerous cockerel in Spain. With recipes. But not coq au vin.
Why do you think your book is so popular?
I’m not sure, I still find it bewildering. I think it has a ‘feel-good’ factor, and is an easy read, and people enjoy reading about Joe and me making idiots of ourselves. And it has some yummy recipes.
When you’re not writing, how do you spend your time?
Laying floor tiles, sampling Spanish wine, planning my next book, swatting mosquitoes (why do they love me?) and drooling over my new granddaughter.
If you were to describe yourself as a vegetable, what would it be?
A couch potato. No, a shiny red pepper ripening in the sun. Yep, that’s a pretty accurate description of me. Joe would be a beetroot, especially when Liverpool have just lost.~~~~~~~~~~
- Chickens, Mules and Two Old Fools Silly old fools move to crazy, tiny mountain village and end up owning the most dangerous cockerel in Spain. With recipes.
- More Ketchup than Salsa A young couple swap a career in fish entrails on Bolton market for life as British bar owners abroad.
- Your Gift to Me TOP GUN meets STEEL MAGNOLIAS in an award-winning military love story that touches hearts and is filled with unexpected twists . . .
- Twelve Months A man discovers that he has 12 months to live, and decides to make every single moment count.
- Murder takes time Nicky Fusco thought he knew right from wrong, living by an oath of friendship & honor with his three best friends. But life took them down separate paths, and the oath was broken.
- Stealing Jenny After three heartbreaking miscarriages, Tom and Jenny Callahan are happily anticipating the birth of their sixth child. Their neighbor, however, is secretly hatching a sinister plot.THESE TITLES HAVE MORE THAN 100 5-STAR REVIEWS!
|Authors! If your book has 25 (or more) 5-Star Amazon reviews, we’d love to feature you!||To receive a fortnightly list of all the latest 5-Star titles featured on the website, subscribe here