*** REDUCED TO 99c or 77p TODAY ***
Their intention is to make a living, but first they must negotiate their way through the Spanish property market, local characters, rogue builders and the worst weather Andalucía has seen for 100 years.
Alan and Lorna experience the joy, but also the heartbreak of alpaca breeding, picking up an assortment of stray animals on the way.
‘Seriously Mum, What’s an Alpaca?’ may be full of glorious highs and monumental lows, but it is essentially a story of endeavour and spirit, living each day as though it may be the last.
MEET THE AUTHOR
Your name, please?
My name is Alan Parks, originally from Eastbourne in the UK, now living in Andalucia, Spain.
And the title of your book?
My book is called Seriously Mum, What’s an Alpaca? It was Bloody Hell, What’s an Alpaca? But after a few issues, as it was early days we decided to change it.
What is the genre of your book?
Seriously Mum is a memoir about our life in Andalucia, trying to breed alpacas.
How many Amazon US 5-Star reviews do you currently have for this book?
29 5-Star reviews in the US so far.
And how many Amazon UK 5-Star reviews do you currently have?
Is your book part of a series?
It is. I have just released the sequel. I had so many people ask me what happened next I had to write it. The sequel is called Seriously Mum , Where’s that Donkey?
What is the synopsis of your book, in one sentence?
A normal couple give up a relatively easy life in the UK to try and do something extraordinary.
Why do you think your book is so popular?
I think we have done something that lots of people wish they could do. Also, I have been very honest in the book, and not glossed over any of the difficulties we have had. I think people appreciate that.
When you’re not writing, how do you spend your time?
Well, living off grid in the way that we do tends to be a full time job in itself. We live in an old olive mill, so there is always work to be done. Then, of course there are the animals to look after.
If you were to describe yourself as a vegetable, what would it be?
That’s a weird one for me, I don’t really do vegetables, but how about broccoli? I’m not telling you why.
- Chickens, Mules and Two Old Fools Silly old fools move to crazy, tiny mountain village and end up owning the most dangerous cockerel in Spain. With recipes.
- More Ketchup than Salsa A young couple swap a career in fish entrails on Bolton market for life as British bar owners abroad.
- Your Gift to Me TOP GUN meets STEEL MAGNOLIAS in an award-winning military love story that touches hearts and is filled with unexpected twists . . .
- Twelve Months A man discovers that he has 12 months to live, and decides to make every single moment count.
- Murder takes time Nicky Fusco thought he knew right from wrong, living by an oath of friendship & honor with his three best friends. But life took them down separate paths, and the oath was broken.
- Stealing Jenny After three heartbreaking miscarriages, Tom and Jenny Callahan are happily anticipating the birth of their sixth child. Their neighbor, however, is secretly hatching a sinister plot.
ALL THESE TITLES HAVE MORE THAN 100 FIVE-STAR REVIEWS!
|Authors! If your book has 25 (or more) 5-Star Amazon reviews, we’d love to feature you!||To receive a fortnightly list of all the latest 5-Star titles featured on the website, subscribe here