10 personal reasons why I absolutely LOVED 2013
In no particular order…
1. I found and fitted the perfect legs to our garden table.
2. Two Old Fools on a Camel hit the New York Times bestseller list at #19.
3. My How to Write a Bestselling Memoir was published.
4. I uncovered a massive, jaw-dropping family secret. (Definitely material for Old Fools Book #4.)
5. My family visited us in Spain from Australia, and my granddaughter Indy spent her first birthday with us.
6. My blog was chosen by Saga as one of its top 50, and was placed top of the the Expat section.
8. Two of my Old Fools books hit the Amazon Top 50, out of millions of books.
9. Alan Parks and I created We Love Memoirs, the funniest, friendliest group on Facebook, with more than 800 members already.
10. I discovered how to stop Joe snoring.
Want to know how? I shall reveal all in my Village Updates newsletter. If you want to be added to the list, you’ll find it on my Free Stuff page.
Happy New Year!
28th December 2013 @ 9:29 pm
How did you do #10?! We’re expats from the US living in Calafell Cataluna.
28th December 2013 @ 11:13 pm
Haha! I shall reveal all in my Village Updates newsletter… 🙂
30th December 2013 @ 9:17 pm
Congrats on an amazing year . . . hubby and I have been counting our blessings too. Thanks for sharing your newsletter so freely. Love hearing the updates both here and on Facebook.
30th December 2013 @ 9:24 pm
Thank you, Joy, and very pleased your year was good too! 🙂
31st December 2013 @ 3:47 am
I battled cancer and won in 2013! My hair is coming back in very nicely, and I feel great. I am, however, ready for a new year and a new (healthy) chapter. Bring on 2014!
31st December 2013 @ 11:57 am
WOW! Kay, that is totally, totally AWESOME and a real inspiration! Fantastic, and far more important than any of my achievements. Congratulations! 🙂
2nd January 2014 @ 11:49 pm
Love your accounts of Spanish life Vicky having been to Spain a lot (My husbands parents lived on the Costa Blanca but inland) we have met characters who are the same as yours, Spanish gems of people whom you recognise as the same as your neighbours and village folk. Your ability to describe them is wonderful! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
3rd January 2014 @ 2:45 am
Thank you so much, Christina. We feel very lucky living in a tiny mountain village, surrounded by such wonderful people. Life is never dull! 🙂
12th January 2014 @ 4:22 pm
I discovered you looking for a $5.00 purchase to get free shipping on Amazon. I will always go to to memoir books first. Am in third chapter of my memoir about my daughter’s fun and chaotic wedding in Andalusia. It offered enough wacko moments to get started with my writing career after a demanding university job. I am so impressed with your website and your marketing stategies. I recently took a seminar on the Amazon marketing strategies and see you have done great with them. You are my inspiration going forward. Best of luck with future projects. (I joined the Facebook group too!)
12th January 2014 @ 5:16 pm
Thank you, Kaye! Looking forward to chatting in our We Love Memoirs group! 🙂
9th February 2014 @ 9:48 pm
You seem to have had an awesome year,and may 2014 bring you even more.For me lots of great stuff also happened,but i can only truly claim one awesome memory and that has been enjoying my Granddaughters first year.