Many of these Spanish recipes were given to me by the village ladies, and also Gayle Macdonald from Orceserranohams.com.
Thank you to Nadia Sawalha for the Arabic recipes.
- Easy Strawberry MiceHard to believe it, but it’s true. My granddaughter Indy will be 4 years old on Monday. Her mum organised a cat theme birthday party, and all the food and activities had something to do with [Read more…]
- Chickpeas and PaprikaSpanish chickpeas are great for making a simple side dish, tapas dip or ingredient in a salad. Here’s a delicious recipe using chickpeas with paprika. [Read more…]
- Chili Rubbed SteakIf you enjoy a ‘kick’ of chili, (or chilli) then this chili rubbed steak recipe is for you! It offers a great flavour and takes on hints of smoky paprika. This simple recipe for Spanish steak served [Read more…]
- Mushroom Tostada with Fino SherryMushroom Tostada with Fino Sherry 60 – 70 minutes preparation and cooking Tostadas are extremely popular in Spain and this dish is ideal served as a tapa or breakfast. [Read more…]
- Chilli ChutneyThis chilli chutney is a great way of savouring the warm summer flavours, long after the heat of the sun has gone and winter draws in. Seasonal eating is a way of life here and towards the end of [Read more…]
- Lemon SorbetSorbete de Limon or Spanish style lemon sorbet is such an easy dessert to do. A most welcome refreshment in the heat of summer or a classy after dinner treat whenever. With an abundant supply of [Read more…]
- Tuna with Spicy SalsaA perfect barbecue dish for summer evenings. [Read more…]
- Andalucian RiceAndalucian rice is a lovely simple rice dish with Mediterranean vegetables. Serve in small portions as a tapa or as a side to chicken or fish. [Read more…]
- Crema CatalanaCrema Catalana is a very popular dessert in bars and restaurants. You can easily buy pre-made ones but the homemade version is by far the best. It is basically homemade custard with a topping of [Read more…]
- Spanish Garlic Prawns with MushroomsThis Spanish garlic prawns idea is paired with mushrooms or “setas” (wild mushrooms). Any mushrooms will do but a selection for this dish adds a woodland twist with a flavour of the ocean! Fantastic [Read more…]